A company manufactures two products A and B, and each of these products must be processed on two different machines. Product A requires 1 minute of work time per unit on machine 1 and 4 minutes of work time on machine 2. Product B requires 3 minutes of work time per unit on machine 1 and 2 minutes of work time on machine 2. Each day 2 hours are available on machine 1 and 4 hours are available on machine 2. The profit of each unit of product A is $60 and the profit of each unit of product B is $40.
(Let x = number of units of product A and y = number of units of product B).
1. Identify the variables.
2. Set up the objective function.
3. Give the constraints in mathematical expression.
4. Graph the constraints and identify the solution.
5. How many units of each product should be produced daily in order to maximize the
6. What is that maximum profit daily?